LAST UPDATE: November 5. New safety measures were applied in Ukraine from January 2021 with the latest amendments dated November 1, 2021. The borders are open to all categories of foreign citizens. The Chernobyl Exclusion Zone is open for tourists with valid Covid vaccination certificate or negativ PCR/AG test to prevent the spread of Covid-19 infection.
We know that life will look different when cities and countries reopen. We already see signs of change that could become part of the new normal life for a long time. Are you afraid of the world after quarantine? We are not!
New Safety Measures
The current rules for crossing the Ukrainian border are regulated by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated December 9, 2020 No. 1236, with the latest amendments dated November 1, 2021 Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 954
The borders are open to all categories of foreign citizens, who has valid Covid vaccination certificate or a negative PCR test. These restrictions are also applied to international or internal flights, as well as rail links.
If you’re eager about Chernobyl, you can arrange your visit in the Chernobyl Zone with temporarily decreased tour prices!
Coming to Ukraine
Source: AP Photo
Finally, you and your friends can make it to Chernobyl. And, guess what – safer than ever before, at the BEST and LOWERED prices like never before and with less tourists around…which brings us to the new level of exploring.
In our blogpost “7 ways to save money when traveling to Chernobyl“ we collected ALL TIPS, PRICES and VARIETY + there you’ll find an EXTRA DISCOUNT to your next trip.
When you are coming to Ukraine you must have:
- a document confirming receipt of one or more doses of COVID-19 vaccine included by WHO in the list of approved for use in emergency situations; or
- foreign COVID certificate confirming vaccination against COVID-19 with vaccines that are included in the WHO list of approved for emergency use, negative test result for COVID-19 by PCR or recovery of a person from COVID-19; or
- a negative PCR test result or rapid test for the SARS-CoV-2 antigen (RAT, Ag) that was done no more than 72 hours before entry.
- Entering the territory of Ukraine you must have medical insurance covering observation and treatment of COVID-19.
From September, 2021, all foreign unvaccinated citizens arriving from Russia or India must undergo a mandatory 14-day quarantine without the possibility of early termination.
IMPORTANT: For foreign citizens, there is no possibility to do the PCR test in Ukraine or self-isolate. In the absence of a test / vaccination and/or insurance policy the border crossing for entry or transit will be denied.
Travelers can take a Covid-19 test in their country before coming to Ukraine.
Ukraine has purchased German and Chinese test systems for detecting COVID-19. The reagents in the test systems make it possible to carry out laboratory diagnostics of the new coronavirus at the current level.The test for Coronavirus will take approximately 5-6 hours to get the result. The cost of the test is between 70-100 US Dollars (depends on the laboratory).In case of a negative result of testing for COVID-19 by PCR:
- the laboratory that directly performed the research must enter the result of the negative research into the electronic system of the Center for Public Health of Ukraine;
- data entered by laboratories are automatically synchronized with the “Dii vdoma (Act at home)” service/app;
- the person will be informed about the possibility of termination of self-isolation by the corresponding message of the service/app “Dii vdoma (Act at home)”.
REMEMBER! The phone number provided when taking a COVID-19 test must match the number used to install the Dii Vdoma app.
HERE you’ll find the list of laboratories that have the right to transmit the results of testing for COVID-19 by PCR to stop self-isolation through the application “Act at home”.
Please note that the list of laboratories may change, so be sure to review it in advance on the day of visiting the selected laboratory.
Airports Offering Covid-19 Testing
- Location: Ticket office #20, Terminal A ground floor; performed by MTM medical center
- Price: 1,800 UAH from 08:00–21:59, 2,100 UAH from 22:00–07:59
- Hours: Mon, Tue, Wed, Sat – 9:00-23:00 / Thur, Fri, Sun – 9:00-02:00
- Payment: cash or card
- Location: 2nd floor of Terminal D passenger (domestic flight departure area)
- Samples are taken 24/7 by airport medical station personnel and processed by the following labs: Dila, Adonis, Medlab, Esculab, Universum Clinic, IMMD
- Prices are set by each lab
- Contacts: email@example.com / +38 044-281-72-35
- More info can be found on the KBP website
- Performed by UNILAB
- Price: 1,500 UAH
- Results can be obtained in Ukrainian, Polish or English
- Payment: online at https://www.unilab.com.ua/index.php/ua/covid-19/2-uncategorised/69-coronavirus
- Performed by CSD Medical Laboratory 24/7
- Price: 1800 UAH
- Contacts: +380(67)815-6557
Foreigners and stateless persons are now allowed to cross the border into Ukraine provided they have an insurance policy certificate issued by a Ukraine-registered insurance company, or a foreign insurance company with an office in Ukraine or a contractual partnership with one of the Ukraine-registered insurance companies. The policy must cover the potential costs of COVID-19 treatment, observation, and be valid for the period of intended stay in Ukraine.
The policy must be issued by:
- an insurance company registered in Ukraine;
- a foreign insurance company with a representative office in Ukraine or a contractual relationship with a partner insurance company in Ukraine.
- Ukrainian health insurance coverage can be purchased online
We recommend you the conclusion of online insurance through the state portal Visitukraine.today to avoid any doubts.
This requirement does not apply to:
- foreigners and stateless persons permanently residing in Ukraine;
- refugees and persons needing additional protection;
- employees of diplomatic missions and consulates, representative offices of international missions and organizations accredited in Ukraine, members of their families;
- military of NATO member states and Partnership for Peace member states participating in the training of units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
Safety, Safety and Safety Again!
CHERNOBYLX is closely monitoring the development of coronavirus. For us the health and safety of our tourists have been our top priority since 2008. During a pandemic, we continue to take care of you, our brave travelers! That’s why we have made the best possible preparation for our tours.
Sorry, our dear travelers, but you won’t see beautiful smiles of your tour guide and driver because of the face mask, but we hasten to tell you, we always smile no matter what! And you will see it in our eyes. Coming to the Exclusion Zone you use a mask (including homemade mask) or respirator. We have one for you in case you forgot yours. Don’t forget to cover your nose and mouth, and replace the mask every 3 hours.
Our buses will be equipped with a separate container with a lid and disposable plastic bags for centralized collection and subsequent disposal of used personal protective equipment (masks, respirators, gloves).
Before entering the bus in Kyiv, your tour guide will use a strange device like a Star Wars gun. No worries, it’s for temperature measurement by non-contact method.
“BANG, BANG”, a couple of seconds and you’ll see your body temperature. The same procedure will be at the Dityatky checkpoint. Persons with a temperature above 37.2 °C and those with symptoms of respiratory diseases – are not allowed to visit. If such a person is found, the whole group is not allowed to enter the Zone. No worries, full refund or a new date for your tour in the next days will be managed by us in no time.
At the entrance to the bus, we arranged a place for hands disinfection with antiseptics. At stops, our driver will ventilate the interior of the vehicle and wipe the surfaces with antiseptic. There will be quite a big distance between the driver and you, with the use of a physical barrier (the driver’s cab will be isolated from the passengers cabin). Even though our busses are spotless, after each visit to the Exclusion Zone, we clean our buses with detergents and disinfectants on all surfaces.
To sum it up, during pandemic all our tours will be provided with:
- non-contact temperature screening
- protective masks, gloves and antiseptic FOR FREE
- groups – no more than 15 people
- distance between passengers
- disinfected, safe buses
Before starting the tour, your guide will conduct training on the rules for using personal protective equipment, their disposal, inform about the location of antiseptics in the bus, and monitor compliance with these rules.
What To Do if You Think You Have Coronavirus While in Ukraine
- If you have signs of an acute respiratory infection (cough, fever, tiredness, etc.) – call your family and doctor.
- If you or a family member in addition to those symptoms are experiencing trouble breathing, high fever, diarrhea, feeling faint – call the emergency medical dispatch service x103
- The dispatcher will determine whether to send an ambulance.
- Air out your premises and put on a mask in preparation of the ambulance’s arrival.
- The ambulance workers will assess your condition and decide whether you should be hospitalized and whether to send someone to administer a Covid-19 test.
Covid-19 hotline in Ukraine: 1545
More Coronavirus-Related Travel Information
U.S. Embassy in Ukraine:
Ukrainian government links:
Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine – Current information about coronavirus and quarantine in Ukraine
Ministry of Health of Ukraine
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukrainе – country-by-country entry rules for visitors from Ukraine
Cabinet of Ministers Resolution on COVID-19 Quarantine
Re-Open EU – entry requirements for EU countries
Official statistic oc Corona in countries:
And don’t forget please…
If you suspect that you are carrying the infection, stay at home, inform others who may have been infected, as well as the health service. Rest assured, we will do everything in our power to refund or reschedule your tour in such a case. Thank you for your understanding.
STAY SAFE TRAVELERS, AND SEE YOU IN CHERNOBYL.